Wednesday 16 May 2012

Completed: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Well it was WAY better then part one.... but i think everyone in the world knows that already so....

Story time~

Way back in 4th grade i was over at a friends house when her mother came up to me all smiles holding a hardcover book.
"Look we got the new harry potter book! we were lucky since it was almost sold out!"
I gave her a blank expression.... I had never heard of the series before... and this was the 4th (or maybe 3rd) to be released.
however after that moment i noticed some of my classmates reading them as well... each one with a different cover....
However at this point in my life i didn't really like reading.... it just never drew me in and could never hold my interest.... however my parents had heard that this book was getting kids into reading... so they bought me the volumes that were out and gave them to me.
Again the first few pages didn't really catch my attention but my parents wanted me to read so they started setting deadlines "you must have a chapter read before the end of the week" kind of thing.

Now anyone who knows me understands that i'm am stubborn to a fault and if you tell me to do something... even something i would have done otherwise... i will dig my heals in an refuse... so this actually made me dislike reading.

so after being forced to read the first three books my dad brought up a different series, the Belgariad by David Eddings. "read it i you want... it's one of my favorite series"
so i put off reading book four and started the Belgariad... now i'm eight or nine at the point as i started reading it.... and a whole new world opened to me.... I ADORE the books and to this day when people say "what should i go read" i say "David Eddings, Brent weeks and Aaron Pogue"...

anyways so with this new found love of reading i go and read book 4.... and i loved it.... to this day it's my fav of the 7 harry potter books.... i still don't really like 1-3, they are okay but i just don't care....

So eventually the seventh book comes out and i read it in a day and i'm left with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth... i mean most of the book is really good but the epilogue.... kinda ruined the whole thing for me....
also i don't find any of the canon pairings have any chemistry....
but hey at least snape who since book one was always my fav character got probably the best storyline in that series so... yay~

so what was the point of this storytime?
well even though this series is no where my fav book series i still found it enjoyable and i'm sure years from now when it's not as saturated into the market new kids will hopefully pick it up and enjoy....
yes the series in my opinion has some flaws but it's a lot of fun and i understand why so many rank it as their top pick.... so yeah if you haven't already... go read the books, see the films.... whatever just enjoy it.... so yeah.... kinda glad there will be no more to tell the truth cause it ends on a high note *erases the epilogue from her mind*

No comments:

Post a Comment