Thursday 16 August 2012

Things i wish people would understand

Just cause i'm an artist doesn't mean i'm strong in every type of art out there.
I can draw, paint and sculpt with ease but you sit me down and ask me to design a website or flyer in a structured manner i'm not going to be as confident about it.
I can do it but it's going to take about 10 times longer then a painting and it may need a few drafts... my brain just doesn't work like that.

so i get a little annoyed when i get it thrown in my face "but your an artist, you should be able to do this so fast" Well yeah i can but it wont be as good as my other stuff...  i know the theory behind it all and how to make it look good but even knowing all that it'll probably take a few suggestions from others who are good at this kind of thing or at least know what they want before you get a final product that looks eye catching.

it's just annoying when i say "i can do it but it's not my strong suit" any the response is always "well what is?"
I have a friend, she's a fantastic painter and very good at realism but had a hard time sculpting.... she could do it and it would eventually look good but it was way harder for her because as artist we aren't automatically good at every art form in existence. That's not how it works. SO yeah... i'm just annoyed and needed a little rant and now i feel better.... yay~

No comments:

Post a Comment